The United Nations Environment Programme’s Mediterranean Action Plan (UNEP/MAP) will participate in the 2022 UN Ocean Conference to make the voice of the Mediterranean heard and to share lessons learned from nearly five decades of multilateral ocean governance, including on issues related to plastic pollution, where significant normative progress has been made.
Several side events will take place:
The future we want for the Mediterranean sea and coastline: achieving sustainable development goals while tackling the triple crisis of climate change, biodiversity loss and pollution.
This side event is intended to present a Mediterranean perspective on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, as a regional contribution to the global deliberations that the 2022 UN Ocean Conference will host. It is organised by UNEP/MAP and its regional activity centres:
● The Regional Activity Centre for Information and Communication (INFO/RAC).
● The Regional Activity Centre for Sustainable Consumption and Production (MedWaves).
● The Priority Actions Programme Regional Activity Centre (PAP/RAC).
● The Plan Bleu Regional Activity Centre.
● The Regional Marine Pollution Emergency Response Centre for the Mediterranean Sea (REMPEC).
● The Regional Activity Centre for Specially Protected Areas (RAC/SPA).
Join us on 29 June 2022 from 11:30-12:45 (Lisbon time).
You can follow thelivestreamon the CAR/ASP YouTube page.
2. Fostering multi-stakeholder partnerships and regional cooperation for SDG-14
Co-organised by Italy and Slovenia with the support of UNEP/MAP, this side event was merged with others by the organisers of the UN Ocean Conference.
Date : June 29, 2022
Time: 14:30-15:45 (Lisbon time)
Location: UN Ocean Conference – Altice Arena – Side-event room 1
3. The regional response to protect the marine environment and its living resources from plastic pollution – A case study in the Mediterranean
This side event is co-organised by UNEP/MAP and the Ministry of Environment and Energy of Greece.
Date : June 30, 2022
Time: 10:00-11:15 (Lisbon time)
Location: UN Ocean Conference – Altice Arena – – Side-event room 1