Within the framework of the elaboration of the elaboration of the Regional Coastal Plan of the Tangier-Tétouan-Al Hoceima (TTA) region, Plan Bleu/RAC organised a workshop on “Gender-sensitive climate risk assessiment of the Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima (TTA) region, Morroco” and on coastal adaptation solutions, in the framework of the GEF MedProgramme SCCF Project on 7 December 2022 in Tangier. On 8 December, more than 40 Moroccan stakeholders and project stakeholders subsequently convened for a coordination meeting to discuss the elaboration of the region’s Regional Coastal Plan, led by PAP/RAC, and the Water-Energy-Food-Ecosystems Nexus assessment of the region, led by GWP-Med.
Together with these partners, Plan Bleu contributes to Projects 2.1 and SCCF of the GEF MedPRogramme, which relate in particular to Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) and coastal adaptation.
This workshop thus:
- presented the Gender-sensitive climate risks assessment and itspotential contributions to coastal planning;
- built the capacity of participants to mobilize this knowledge on climate risks and gender in their own lines of work;
- built participants’ capacities on the links between climate risks and gender;
- initiated a collective reflection on the most promising sectoral coastal adaptation solutions for the TTA region based on socio-economic analysis methods;
- provided inputs into the development of the TTA SRL, led by the PAR/RAC, and into the study of the Water-Energy-Food-
Ecosystems Nexus in the region, led by GWP-Med.
This workshop echoes the webinar organised Thursday December 1st by Plan Bleu within the framework of the GEF MedProgramme/SCCF Project.