In accordance with the UNEP/MAP Programme of Work 2016-2017 adopted by the 19th Ordinary Meeting of the Contracting Parties to the Barcelona Convention and its Protocols, Athens, Greece, 9-12th
February 2016, the Secretariat has organized the Meeting of the Ecosystem Approach Coordination Group on 11 September 2017, in Athens, Greece.
The main objectives of the Meeting are to:
- Take stock of the activities and main achievements in the framework of the implementation of the Ecosystem Approach roadmap since its adoption by the 15th Ordinary Meeting of the Contracting Parties to the Barcelona Convention and its Protocols, Almeria, Spain, 15-18 January 2008.
- Review a number of important documents related to key aspects of the Ecosystem Approach roadmap implementation.
- Discuss and provide guidance on the way forward to ensure full implementation of the Ecosystem Approach roadmap by the UNEP/MAP – Barcelona Convention system.
The meeting enables Plan Bleu to present:
- its contribution to the QSR 2107 especially regarding Chapters 2(Environmental characteristics) and 3 (Socioeconomic characteristics).
- the main achievements so far implemented regarding the activity dedicated to the SPI strengthening under the implementation of the EcAp-MEDII project (2015-2018).