This third edition of the Marine Protected Areas (MPA) Forum is organised as a hybrid event to allow the participation of the whole Mediterranean MPA community. All sessions will be broadcast live and available in English and French. All sessions will be broadcast live and available in English and French.
This Forum will conclude the process of developing the post-2020 Mediterranean MPA roadmap, which started in October 2020 through an extensive online multi-stakeholder consultation. An important part of the Forum’s programme is therefore focused on the finalisation of the post-2020 MPA roadmap and the development of an implementation framework aligned with the post-2020 global biodiversity framework being developed by the Convention on Biological Diversity and complementary to the post-2020 regional strategy for MPAs and OECMs in the Mediterranean, which is being developed under the Barcelona Convention.
Plan Bleu and the Mediterranean Biodiversity Protection Community aim to contribute to the recommendations of the roadmap that will be finalised at the MPA Forum through 3 sessions and 2 side events:
- DS17: Mainstreaming climate change adaptation into Mediterranean MPAs. November 30th from 11 am to 12.30pm
- DS19 : Overcoming obstacles to the designation and effective implementation of MPAs. November 30th from 11 am to 12.30pm
- DS20 : Valuing MPAs socio-economic benefits: How can MPAs support the financial sustainability of small-scale fisheries? November 30th from 11 am
- SE03 :Celebrating the creation of the first two MPAs in Montenegro: sharing challenges and ways forward. November 29 from 17.30 pm
- SE05 : Pelagos Sanctuary: Working together for an effective implementation of conservation activities in the region. November 30 from 18.00
To participate online in the MPA Forum please register at the following link:
Visit the MBPC page on Plan Bleu website to discover our actions for sustainable tourism in the Mediterranean!