Context and objectives
From 2016 to 2019, the Interreg MED PANACeA project was implemented in the Mediterranean with the ultimate goal to streamline management efforts in Protected Areas for enhanced protection of valuable natural areas and resources in the Mediterranean region.
Based on the PANACeA’s results, the Mediterranean Biodiversity Protection Community(MBPC)is a project focusing on “maintaining biodiversity and natural ecosystems through strengthening the management and networking of protected areas”, running from 2019 to 2022.
The MBPC project is the second phase of the PANACeA project, one of six Horizontal Projects approved after the first call of the Interreg Med programming period 2014-2020.
The MPBC builds on PANACeA’s achievements to increase the impacts of its 15 modular projects based on common targets and links through:
- Synthesizing and transferring outcomes on ecosystem protection efforts;
- Engaging a stakeholder community & transferring knowledge beyond the community and the project´s lifetime,
- Enhancing the communication & dissemination strategy,
- Developing a long-term capitalization tool ensuring evidence-based policy enforcement.
To ensure the regular transfer of best practices of the MBPC to other areas and stakeholders, a series of capitalization events will be developed during the project. In this context, Plan Bleu is seeking to raise awareness and create a dialogue during the next capitalization workshop, entitled «Mediterranean solutions towards zero pollution impacts on biodiversity and health» and organized by Plan Bleu, ETC UMA and MedCities.
This MBPC online workshop will take place on June 4, 2021 within the framework of the EU Green Week.
More information on the event can be found here.
The consultant will be tasked the following main activities:
- Prior to the meeting: attend the organisation meetings with partners and speakers (at least one per session) to extract key messages to be developed during the event.
- During the event: attend the event, draft content and main outcomes and extract conclusions and recommendations from the workshop.
- Drafting a report of the event synthesising the main findings and containing the conclusions and recommendations from the workshop.
The total duration of the contract is 4 days. The full list of the services contracted for this activity, with a minimum 1-day webinar attendance, is:
- To attend the organisation meetings with speakers and the MBPC partners for this event (at least one per session), in this case ETC-UMA as lead partner of the MBPC project, and MedCities and Plan Bleu, to facilitate the participants and speakers’ involvement and interactions prior to the meeting.
- The expert consultant will participate in the event on 4 June, and will be responsible for collecting the key messages and conclusions of the 1-day workshop.
- A report will be provided with the main contents, outcomes, conclusions and outlook reached during the workshop using plain language adapted to a general public as this subject entails many types of stakeholders. The report should integrate key contents referring to these published recommendationsin order to update them with the outcomes of the workshop.
As a reference of the format and quality standards expected, more information of the first capitalization event is available here.
The tasks to be developed under this activity should be coordinated with the communication activities of the workshop that are developed under MedCities’ lead.
Application and selection process
The consultant will provide a Curriculum Vitaeand an expression of interestpresenting his/her proven capabilities in response to this call for applications, accompanied by a financial offer.
The working language will be English. A good command of oral and written English is required to complete the mission.
The expert must indicate in his/her offer his/her SIRET number or any other form of identification suitable for a consultancy activity, according to the tax legislation of his country of residence.
The expression of interest must contain a technical proposal illustrating the consultant’s appropriate understanding of the task, its requirements and timeline.
Each of the above described steps will be validated by the contracting institution Plan Bleu, in collaboration with the ETC UMA and MedCities.
Regular calls and meetings with Plan Bleu and ETC UMA and/or other MBPC partners will take place during the activity development and follow up phases.