Marseille,17 June 2011 : The Villa Valmer premises hosted the steering committee of the Plan Bleu Energy Activity Programme.
On the 17th of June 2011, the Villa Valmer premises in Marseilles hosted the steering committee of the Plan Bleu Energy Activity Programme.
It brought together the main partners of the programme, the French Development Agency (AFD), the European Investment Bank (EIB),the UN-ESCWA Organization, MEDENEC (Energy Efficiency in the construction sector in the Mediterranean), Mr. Abdenour Keramane, Director of the MedEnergie magazine, and the representative stakeholders of the Energy / Environment sector in the SEMCs like associations Alcor (Tunisia) and Ecotech (Lebanon).
El Habib El Andaloussi, Sara Fernandez and Hugues Ravenel presented the activities on progress and the first results of the ongoing studies. The orientations for the 2010-2011 programme were also validated after a fruitful debate organized around the following issues :
- energy efficiency in buildings,
- energy efficiency indicators in the SEMCs,
- interactions of Water-Energy sectors,
- energy forecasting around the construction of a breakdown scenario,
- employment impacts of such a scenario based on the development of rational use of energy and renewable energies,
- impacts of climate change on Sea Level Rise.
The steering committee have also discussed the guidelines of the new and upcoming 2012-2013 program of the Plan Bleu on the energy sector. Many ideas were discussed, they will soon be presented to donors for follow-up.