Socio economic analyses of measures to achieve Good Environmental Status of the Mediterranean
- Home structure
The position is based at Plan Bleu, Regional Activity Center of the Mediterranean Action Plan (MAP), established as an Association “Loi 1901”, in Marseille (France).
MAP is one of the main components of the Regional Seas Programme of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Endowed with a political instrument: the Barcelona Convention, it relies on six regional activity centers (the RACs) in charge of favouring the implementation of the different protocols attached to the convention.
Plan Bleu’s mission is to protect the Mediterranean Basin by providing guidance for making informed decisions.
The five main activities are:
- Observing environment and development to inform governments and the general public
- Producing socioeconomic and environmental studies to enlighten decision-makers
- Supporting and accompanying transition towards green and blue economies
- Drawing up possible futures for sustainable development
- Assisting the science-policy and civil society interface, notably regarding climate change impacts and responses
In the framework of the European project of implementation support to the Marine Strategy Framework Directive, entitled “SUPPORT COHERENT AND COORDINATED ASSESSMENT OF BIODIVERSITY AND MEASURES ACROSS MEDITERRANEAN FOR THE NEXT 6-YEAR CYCLE OF MSFD IMPLEMENTATION – ABIOMMED” (2021-2023), Plan Bleu is in charge of the activity 5 “socio economic analyses of measures”.
- Purposes and missions
|Responsability||Missions / Contributions||Deliverables|
|Organization / Animation||
- Responsibilities in terms of quality, security and environment
The post holder is responsible for respecting the applicable legal and regulatory dispositions and notably the internal operating procedures.
The post holder is also responsible for respecting security rules as stated in the internal policy.
In accordance with the values of the association, the post holder will perform his/her tasks with a permanent concern of respect of the environment.
- Hierarchical links and contact persons
The project officer is placed under the authority of Plan Bleu’s Director.
The privileged interlocutors are:
– The Deputy Director, with whom the project officer will co-lead ABIOMMED project activity 5.
– The entire Plan Bleu team, and in particular the expert in charge of the Observatory and the Foresight expert.
– Externally, his/her counterparts in national, regional and international organizations, science and institutional partners concerned by the missions.
- Required skills for all Plan Bleu staff
- Confirmed experience in project coordination (at least 3 years experience)
- Ability to work in a team, in an international context
- Organizational ability and capacity to synergize between projects
- Analysis, synthesis and writing skills
- Interest for environment and sustainable development issues
- Required skills and experience
- Graduate degree in environmental economics or any other field that includes a component on environmental economics, of Master’s level or equivalent
- Experience in socio economic analysis related to the environment, ideally applied to marine and coastal ecosystems
- A knowledge of MSFD as well as the Ecosystem Approach (EcAp), and/or Integrated Coastal and Marine Zone Management, and/or conservation of marine biodiversity would be an asset
- Specialized tools:MS-Office software package, proficiency in Google workspace suite and Chromebook would be a plus
- Languages: excellent command of English is essential both oral and written (ABIOMMED project is primarily implemented in English), proficiency in French is an asset
- Proven writing skills
- Recurring constraints of the position
Considering the regional character of Plan Bleu’s work, the position implies to travel to the countries around the Mediterranean.
The position is located in Marseille (France) – Tour la Marseillaise (2nd arrondissement).
- Type of contract and starting date
The contract is a fixed-term contract for a period of 18 months.
The starting date is planned for January 2022.
- Remuneration and benefits
- The expected remuneration is between 33 000 € and 35 500 € per year, depending on the candidate’s experience.
- End-of-year user premium (paid on a pro rata basis)
- Complementary health insurance covered 100% by Plan Bleu
- Luncheon vouchers
- Travel allowances
- Partial teleworking possible (2 days per week)
- Reduction of working hours (RTT) (1 day per month)
- Working space both pleasant and convivial
End of this job offer:12 December 2021.
Should you have any questions on the position, you can contact Lina Tode at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection process might include an interview (by videoconference if needed), and a pre-selection phase followed by requests for additional information when needed.