are printed by PEFC and FSC certified Imprim’vert printers.
Objectives 2017: to reduce paper printing by 25% in 2017 compared to 2016, favouring online publications.
are "designed, organised and implemented in a way that minimises negative environmental impacts and leaves a positive legacy for the host community". UNEP, Green meeting Guide 2009.
- Plan Bleu selects, when possible, meetings and accommodations venues with environmental charter and that are close-by one to another, in order to reduce travels.
- For the communication with the participants, and to diminish paper use, Plan Bleu decided to favour the use of emails and website. Thus, the Agenda, the participants list and the working documents are posted online, along with all the logistic information. Participants’ registration is done also using an online form. When needed, documents are send in attachment by email to the participants les documents. Finally, after the meeting, all presentations and meeting review are posted on the website.
- For all the meals proposed to the participants, Plan Bleu selected organic caterers (i.e. BIOriginal) that favour local products and use and/or biodegradable kitchenware.
- During the meetings, Plan Bleu uses water jugs so as to limit to the minimum the use of plastic bottle.
- When possible, Plan Bleu uses for its participants the services of Biomotion hybrid taxis, regrouping transfers in order to limit the number of travels.
- Badges are all made in recyclable material and are reused for each meeting.
Plan Bleu measures its meetings’ carbon footprint using the website: www.myclimate.org
In its internal functioning, Plan Bleu:
- Reduces travel of its staff:
- by organizing its staff meeting between Sophia Antipolis and Marseilles in videoconferences
- by setting up one day teleworking per week, thus reducing by 1/5 the home-office transportation footprint
- Provides bins for sorting its waste.
- Uses recycled paper and double-side for printing.
- Provides bins for collecting and recycling paper in offices.
- Uses organic and/or natural cleaning products.
- Uses organic and/or local products (food and dishes) for meals and cocktails organised in its premises.
- Uses water fountain and favours glasses instead of plastic ones.
- Provides coffee machine using coffee beans and porcelain cups.