A facilitator to provide a webinar methodology, moderate an online meeting, and develop a meeting report.
From 2016 to 2019, the PANACeA project has been implemented in the Mediterranean with the ultimate goal to streamline management efforts in Protected Areas for an enhanced Protection in the Mediterranean Sea.
Based on the great results obtained, the Mediterranean Biodiversity Protection Community/MBPC is a horizontal project focusing on “maintaining biodiversity and natural ecosystems through strengthening the management and networking of protected areas” running from 2019 to 2022.
The MBPC project has been featured by PANACeA project, one of six Horizontal Projects approved from the first call of the Interreg Med programming period 2014-2020.
The MPBC builds on achievements to increase the impact of 15 modular projects towards common identified targets and links through:
- Synthesizing and transferring outcomes on ecosystem protection efforts;
- Engaging a stakeholders’ community & transferring knowledge beyond the community and the project´s lifetime,
- Enhancing the communication & dissemination strategy,
- Developing the long-term capitalization tool ensuring evidence-based policy enforcement.
The 15 modular projects, members of the Community, are:
From the first phase (PANACeA): ACT4LITTER; AMAre; CONFISH; ECOSUSTAIN; FishMPABlue2; MEDSEALITTER; MPA-ADAPT; PHAROS4MPAs; PlasticBustersMPAs; WETNET; POSBEMED and from the second phase (MBPC): POSBEMED 2; Tune-up (previous WETNET modular project); MPA Engaged and MPA networks.
Expected work of the consultancy
Plan Bleu and ETC UMA are co-organizing a capitalisation meeting entitled « Healthy Mediterranean wetlands as requisites for socio-ecological resilience ».
It will be an online Workshop by the Mediterranean Biodiversity Protection Community Capitalisation Webinar that will take place on October 22, 2020 within the frame of the EU Green Week.
Please find the link to the event information.
The full list of the services contract for this activity, for which a deliverables timeline and duration of each section (minimum 1-day webinar facilitation) would need to be established by the selected consultant:
- The methodological approach to the Webinar will be prepared including the focus and main targets of the sessions, questions to be asked, ensuring the relevant materials are prepared in advance with organizers and discussed with the speakers.
- Liaison with speakers and the MBPC leading organization for this event, in this case Plan Bleu and ETC-UMA as lead partner (LP) of the MBPC project, to facilitate speakers’ involvement and interactions prior to the meeting assisted by the partners. It is to know that most speakers have been already contacted.
- The expert facilitator will participate to the event on 22 October, and will be responsible for animating and moderating the 1-day webinar
- A report will be provided with the main contents, outcomes, conclusions and outlook reached during the webinar
Application and selection process
The consultancy will be carried out by a consultant who will have to present a Curriculum Vitae and an expression of interest presenting his proven capabilities in response to this call for applications, accompanied by a financial offer.
The expression of interest must specify the technical proposal showing the good appropriation of the subject by the consultant.
Each of the above described steps will be validated by the contracting institution, Plan Bleu in collaboration with the Lead Partner (ETC UMA).
Regular calls and meetings (by skype most likely) with Plan Bleu and/or other MBPC partners will be planned during the activities development to ensure a smooth development of the tasks and that the results are adapted to the needs.
The working language will be English. A good command of oral and written English is required to complete the mission.
The expert must indicate in his/her offer his/her SIRET number or any other form of identification suitable for a consultancy activity according to the tax legislation of his country of residence.