Context and objectives
From 2016 to 2019, the PANACeA project has been implemented in the Mediterranean with the ultimate goal to streamline management efforts in Protected Areas for an enhanced Protection in the Mediterranean Sea.
Based on the great results obtained, the Mediterranean Biodiversity Protection Community/MBPC is a horizontal project focusing on “maintaining biodiversity and natural ecosystems through strengthening the management and networking of protected areas” running from 2019 to 2021.
The MBPC project has been featured by PANACeA project, one of six Horizontal Projects approved from the first call of the Interreg Med programming period 2014-2020.
MPBC builds on achievements to increase the impact of 15 modular projects towards common identified targets and links through:
- Synthesizing and transferring outcomes on ecosystem protection efforts;
- Engaging a stakeholders’ community & transferring knowledge beyond the community and the project´s lifetime,
- Enhancing the communication & dissemination strategy,
- Developing the long-term capitalization tool ensuring evidence-based policy enforcement.
The present terms of reference deals with the drafting of a technical factsheet on Best Available Techniques (BAT) and Best Environmental Practices (BEP) to minimize potential negative impacts of certain infrastructures and practices linked to the production and use of renewable marine energies.
The consultancy will be carried out by a consultant who will have to present a Curriculum Vitae and an expression of interest presenting his proven capabilities in response to this call for applications, accompanied by a financial offer.
The expression of interest must specify the technical proposal showing the good appropriation of the subject by the consultant.
The three following criteria will be determining for the selection of the consultant:
- the work previously carried out on the topic, in particular in the Mediterranean region (must be specified in the letter of expression of interest);
- A tentative factsheet’s structure (main items, titles and illustrations like tables, graphs…);
- A proposal of the items for the database.
The working language will be English. A good command of oral and written English is required to complete the mission.
The expert must indicate in his offer his SIRET number or any other form of identification suitable for a consultancy activity according to the tax legislation of his country of residence.
Offers must be sent by Friday 7th August 2020 at the latest by email to Mr Antoine Lafitte, program officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).