- Context and objectives
From 2016 to 2019, the Interreg MED PANACeA project was implemented in the Mediterranean with the ultimate goal to streamline management efforts in Protected Areas for enhanced protection of valuable natural areas and resources in the Mediterranean region.
Based on the PANACeA’s results, the Mediterranean Biodiversity Protection Community (MBPC) is the project’s continuation focusing on “mainstreaming management efforts for environmental sustainability and increasing the impact of biodiversity protection projects towards common identified strategic targets”, running from 2019 to 2022.
The MBPC project is the second phase of the PANACeA project, one of eight Horizontal Projects approved after the first call of the Interreg Med programming period 2014-2020.
The MPBC builds on PANACeA’s achievements to increase the impacts of its modular projects based on common targets and links through:
- Synthesizing and transferring outcomes on ecosystem protection and conservation efforts;
- Engaging a stakeholder community & transferring knowledge beyond the community and the project´s lifetime,
- Enhancing the communication & dissemination strategy to reach broader target stakeholders beyond the protection and conservation targets,
- Developing a long-term capitalization tool ensuring evidence-based policy enforcement.
To ensure the regular transfer of best practices of the MBPC, a series of capitalization and transfer events will be developed during the project. In this context, the Mediterranean Biodiversity Protection Community will organise an online capitalisation event during the coming European Green Week 2022 (tbc) entitled “A green deal for wetlands: building resilience through collaborative management” . The main goal of the event is to showcase and discuss the state of the art of the Mediterranean and European policies, knowledge and current actions that should pave the way to embrace solutions towards healthy Mediterranean wetlands.
The online workshop will take place on June 3, 2022.
- Tasks description
The consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Prior to the meeting:
- To support the preparatory work by setting the agenda, potential speakers and methodology.
- To attend the organisation and coordination meetings with the speakers to extract key messages to be developed during the event and considered in the final report. This part should include activities such as: contacting the speakers and setting bilateral meetings, preparing content building on the previous event and supporting the technical preparation of the event (proposal of polls and testing with the organisers and speakers). During this part the consultant will extract key messages from the speakers for communication purposes and will advice the event’s communication team on relevant social media posts.
- During the event: Facilitate the event online.
- After the meeting: Drafting a report synthesising the main findings and containing the conclusions and recommendations from the workshop and reviewing the final version of the report before public dissemination.
The total duration of the contract is 11 days. The full list of the services contracted for this activity, with a minimum half-day attendance online, includes:
- To support the preparatory work for the workshop by attending the organisation/coordination meetings and developing the tasks described below.
- The expert consultant will participate in the event on 3rd June 2022 and will be responsible for collecting the key messages and conclusions of the half-day workshop.
- A report will be provided by the consultant (3-5 days after the event) with the main contents, outcomes, conclusions and outlook reached during the sessions using plain language adapted to a general public. The report should integrate key contents referring to these published key messages in order to update them with the outcomes of the workshop.
As a reference for the format and quality standards expected, information on the first capitalization event is available here.
The tasks to be developed under this activity should be coordinated with the MBPC communication activities planned for the EU Green week 2022 that are developed under MedCities’ lead.
- Application and selection process
The consultant will provide a Curriculum Vitae and an expression of interest presenting his/her proven capabilities in response to this call for applications, accompanied by a financial offer.
The working language will be English. A good command of oral and written English is required to complete the mission. A good command of French would be useful.
The expert must indicate in his/her offer his/her SIRET number or any other form of identification suitable for a consultancy activity, according to the tax legislation of his/her country of residence.
The expression of interest must contain a technical proposal illustrating the consultant’s appropriate understanding of the task, its requirements and timeline.
Each of the above described steps will be validated by the contracting institution Plan Bleu, in collaboration with the ETC UMA.
Offers should be sent by email by 6 May 2022 at the latest, to: email@example.com.
Regular calls and meetings with ETC UMA and/or other MBPC partners will take place during the activity development and follow up phases.