Regional – Governance and Knowledge generation Project
Plan Bleu was the implementing agency of the Project and therefore responsible for managing the Project funds and all related financial transactions. The World Bank was the executing agency of the Project and responsible for project supervision.
Plan Bleu has implemented the Regional – Governance and Knowledge generation Project, financed by a $ 3 million grant over three years (2012-2015) and which has been closed at the end of October 2015.
The Project’s objective was to foster the integration of environmental issues into sectoral and development policies of Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories and Tunisia (Beneficiaries).
The Project concentrated its efforts on:
- the production of innovative knowledge on environmental issues, with specific reference to water related issues (freshwater, coastal, and marine resources), and
- the organization of conferences, seminars, workshops, etc. during which knowledge will be used to strengthen the capacity of key stakeholders at local, national, and regional level.
Given the demand-driven approach of the Project, Beneficiaries jointly identified the specific activities to be implemented under the Project taking into account national and regional priorities, through decisions made by the Project Steering Committee (PSC). The PSC was composed by one representative from the environment sector of each of the Beneficiaries.
World Bank, GEF, CMI
Website of the Regional – Governance and Knowledge generation Project
Tel: +33 (0) 6 43 08 73 86
Comparative analysis of the socio-economic assessments carried out for Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia (French - English - Arabic)
Report Egypt (English - Arabic)
- Strategic environmental assessment for the new water sector strategy for Lebanon (English report - Arabic summary)
- Planification territoriale stratégique participative :
Retour d'expériences et bonnes pratiques
- Environmental and social assessments of projects, plans, programs and policies in the Mediterranean:
Environmental and social assessments in the Mediterranean – Manual (French - English - Arabic)
Compte-rendu de l'atelier « La gestion des évaluations environnementales et sociales de projets, plans, programmes et politiques de développement en Méditerranée », Gammarth (Tunisie) 27-30 mai 2013
Managing the environmental and social assessments of projects, plans, programs and policies in the Mediterranean, Jounieh (Lebanon) 15-18/04/2013
- Observatoires et indicateurs de l’environnement et du développement durable, Maroc et Tunisie :
Atelier de renforcement des capacités et d’échange sur les systèmes nationaux et régionaux de suivi de l’état de l’environnement et du développement durable, 16-18 Avril 2015, Marrakech, Maroc
Mission d’étude à l’Observatoire Régional de l’Environnement, ORE de Poitou‐Charentes, France, 9‐10 Juin 2015
Analyse du fonctionnement des OREDD du Maroc
Observatoire et indicateurs de l’environnement et du développement durable, Tunisie, Rapport de Synthèse
- Report of the meeting on the establishment of a network of law enforcement officials relating to MARPOL in the Mediterranean Sea (MENELAS) (English – French)
- Supporting Industrial Pollution Abatement in the West Bank :
Generic Technical Guidance (English - Arabic)
Policy and Technical Guidelines for Monitoring and Reporting Pollutant Releases and Transfers
Palestine Hotspot Assessment Report
Palestine Industrial Loads Assessment: vol. 1 & vol. 2